Am 10.09.17 endet die Einreichungsfrist für Startups, die sich auf dem Deutschen Beratertag (17.11.17) in Köln präsentieren möchten.
Digitization is driving innovation and growth!
The Digital Hub Cologne will serve as a central bridge between the often little digitized SMEs and innovative start-ups. Here Cologne has a good starting base: already about 13,000 people are employed by far more than 200 digital startups. However, their ideas and offerings often don´t reach the SME´s, because a central network hub is still missing and SME´s traditionally act within their industry boundaries and shy away from academia.
Digital Hub Services
The Digital Hub Cologne is
- the physical connector between established companies and innovative, digital developments and startups to correct the existing market failure of mismatching.
- the local cross-matching platform between selected industries and cross industry internet innovations, because the value migrates more and more from the product in digital platforms.
- research, scholarship and teaching unit for digital transformation in the Cologne bay area.
- the door opener to the global networks of the City of Cologne, the University of Cologne and the Chamber of Commerce.
The Digital Hub Cologne is also part of the DWNRW Hub initiative to strengthen the digital economy in Cologne, the region and also in NRW. The transfer of experience, exchange of expertise and the continuous development of new, innovative offerings and services and within the digital economy drives the value added generation for the digital industry in Cologne and NRW.
Aufbau, Management und Steuerung
des Digital Hub Cologne
What's next & new?
- Markt-/Trendanalyse, Tech-Tanks
- Kontaktanbahnung und Orientierungs-Workshops
- Digitaler Rütteltest
Who's out there?
- Beratung und Begleitung
- Diverse Pitches
- Beratung (Projekte)
- Coworking Space
- HUB-Seminare und Events
- Teilnahme an Tagungen, Messen & Events
Let's go international!
- Bilaterale Partnerschaften
- International Days
Seven core markets have been identified in the Cologne area:
- Information-and communication technologies
- Business-City (banking and insurance)
- Logistics and Trade
- Industry and automotive
- Health and life sciences
- Cultural and creative industries
- Destination Cologne
(Source: Studie "Standort Köln - Perspektive 2030", Prognos, 2016)
The strong and differentiated SME landscape in the Cologne area requires as a central digital hub in Cologne - effective and integrated into the sector economic activities. After extensive discussions with associations, companies, startups, politics and social groups, the University of Cologne, the Cologne Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the City of Cologne have emerged as the ideal founding partners of the Digital Hub Cologne company:
- The University of Cologne as a know-how pool carrier and innovator for knowledge and skills transfer.
- The Cologne Chamber of Commerce and Industry as the largest chamber in NRW with close contact to the medium-sized companies within the area Leverkusen / Rhein-Berg, Oberberg, Rhein-Erft) and Initiator of Digital Cologne.
- The city of Cologne as competence center for economic development and politics.
The shareholder structure is characterized by a stability, sustainability, differentiated networking, neutrality, transparency and structural policy interest (strengthening of the scientific and business location, digitization as a local site factor).
The legal structure of a GmbH has been chosen after close examination, because an association is an institution for general advocacy. The hub - as part of a dynamic economic process – requires a business-oriented organization in order to be an integral part of economic activities.
The shareholders have received a strong support of their governing bodies to implement the Digital Hub Cologne.